Friday, November 20, 2009

Meow Cosmetics Review

I recieved my order from Meow Cosmetics today, where I ordered a bunch of samples, some "brow beaters", and I also recieved free samples of their Feliner in "Hiss" and some Crystaline Cat Glow Powder. It came with the personalized statement on the invoice, so of course I was initially excited. The samples came in this cute little bag. Here are swatches of the colors I chose from the Egyptian Treasures collection. From left to right: Ra, Nile, Reincarnation, Tutankhamun, Miw, Sand Dune, Royal. I really liked the Tutankhamun, the others all seemed pretty generic to me. I already have many similar golds, and a similar green to Miw. The color Royal seemed almost just like Tutankhamun, but more faded. I was more impressed with my Friday the 13th collection samples. They are only available on any Friday the 13th (and a few days after, apparently), so if you want any you have to wait a while! I was excited for these, and I'm glad they're more interesting than the Egyptian Treasures. The last two colors are from their permanent collections. From left to right: Spell, Broken Mirror, Fate, Paranormal, Skeptic, Sabertooth, Larceny. I really like Spell, and Fate was impressing me until I saw it's prettier cousin, Skeptic. This color is so gorgeous, it's like layers of purple and sparkly pink. I can tell I'll be wearing this a LOT, so maybe next Friday the 13th I'll get a full size! I also liked Larceny, it's the only pink I have that's not hot or pale, just pink. I'm pretty indifferent to the rest of the colors. I tried the Feliner, and it was just an almost matte blue purple, nothing about it was screaming "unique". I might use it once or twice. I didn't like the Glow Powder either- I don't like anything that's supposed to make your face "glow", it just makes my skin look shiny to me and I absolutely hate that. I'm sure it works for a lot of people, but I'm not one of them. I tried the Brow Beaters next. I wasn't really sure what they were supposed to do except make your eyebrows look better. When I used it, my eyebrows looked huge and bushy. On the website it says it stays in place, and it does- I had a really hard time getting it all off. This is something I doubt I'd ever try again. If anyone has tips on how to make them work better, I'd be glad to hear it. So overall, Meow Cosmetics was just ok. I wasn't expecting a lot based off of their shadow pictures on their website, and they pretty much met those expectations, with the exception of Tutankhamun, Spell, and Larceny, which were all really gorgeous. I doubt I'll place sample orders in the future, but I could go for a full size Spell. Today I used only Fyrinnae's "Equality" for my eyes. I absolutely love this color, it seems so sophisticated. It reminds me of the champagne candies I used to secretly devour when I worked at Fannie May. Pardon my eyeliner, I hadn't fixed it all day. I'm off to go have an X-Files and Supernatural marathon in my basement. I may be a girly girl but I have my nerdy loves. 8D

4 comments:

  1. Receiving a package in the mail always feels like Christmas to me...even if I paid for it myself...hee hee. Those shadows look perty. :-) I have yet to try Meow Cosmetics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Meow's recent collections: The Egyptian, the Friday the 13th, the Dance of Death, and Halloween 2008 and the Fall 2008.

    For the glow, I only put it on the top of my cheekbones, though some people use it everywhere to highlight on the face.

    For the browbeaters, I use a 50/50 mix of Black and Auburn for my brows. I use an angled eyeliner brush, dip it in, tap it off, and I don't fill in my brows completely, but I do the shape I'm going for. I lightly apply it and seem to get good results.

    What I think Meow excels at is their foundation. I'm really in love with their Pampered Puss formula.

    And I have to agree with you, Skeptic is awesome :) The next Friday the 13th is in August of 2010 I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Phyrra, I'll have to try that with the brow beaters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of meow before, but I do like the look on your eyes!

    loves

    ReplyDelete