Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blue Mascara & Nail Polish Needs

All the sports teams at school have been doing really great, so the admins decided to have a school color day. I was going crazy doing blues and whites (gotta love all my She Space blues!) when I got out something I haven't used in a long time. Icing, the brand owned by the same company as Claire's, has a great makeup section, at least at the mall here. I have some of their teriffic bright eyeshadow, glitters, totally neon nail polish, and blue mascara! I absolutely and completely love the blue mascara. Unlike other colored mascaras, it actually shows up, and looks great without being overbearing. The brush isn't the greatest, so what I normally do is apply some of the eyelash primer part of the Maybelline XXL mascara, then put the blue on top. Here's a picture! Sorry my photos aren't the greatest, I don't have a really nice fancy camera or anything. But I thought this on really showed the color well. Next time I go to the mall I want to hop over to Icing and get some more of their vibrant shadows and nail polish. I also want to go to Trade Secret to get some more OPI... I work at Arby's, and employees aren't allowed to wear nail polish since it might chip and get into the food. This rule was made clear to me RIGHT after I bought a ton of OPI and China Glaze. I'll just have to keep my color on my toes for now. T_T I really want to try China Glaze's "Fortune Teller". They actually had it at Sally's Beauty here, but it's all sold out. I also want to try Atlantis, but they didn't have it. I don't know how much new stuff they actually bring into the store. One brand of polish I hate is Sally Hansen. I got the most gorgeous shade of pink from Target. It reminds me of the 90's. I've only used it once because it takes, no joke, almost 40 minutes to fully dry. It's ridiculous. I just checked on their website to grab a picture of it (the shade is "Flamingo") but the picture they show is a lighter pink, when this is actually a kick-ass bold pinky orange. Does anyone use Sally Hansen and have this same problem? This is OPI's "I'm Not Really A Waitress". My favorite color of all time! I'm wearing their "Cajun Shrimp" on my toesies right now. It's an orangey pink that actually dries! Hope everyone is having more nail polish luck than me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment