Monday, September 20, 2010

EOTD using (mostly) Hi Fi

This was a look I did before work the other night. Unfortunately, I did have a few hurdles. The two silvers and two purples didn't look as different in the pictures as they did irl. I also overblended my lid colors, which tones down some of the purple. But overall I really liked it. I did my color placement a little differently than normal; I want to break out of doing the exact same shapes and types of color placement. I really like looking at Temptalia's EOTD's for ideas, she does lots of different ways of placing her shadows. What I used: Concrete Minerals eyeshadow primer Hi Fi High Impact Shadow Fix Articuno, by Shiro (inner lid) (all the following are Hi Fi) Pussycat (outer lid) Parental Advisory (outer crease) Lyrical Master (inner crease) Hail Caesar (highlight) Maybelline Falsies Mascara Jordana FabuLiner in black Urban Decay eye pencil in Zero My hair looks kind of 80's cus it had been in a ponytail :P This was my first time really experimenting with the High Impact Shadow Fix. Here is my eyeshadow after an 8 hour shift at Arby's: Conclusion: This stuff is amazing. I'd be happy to do a wear test comparing it to Pixie Epoxy if anyone is interested. Also, a few random questions: Does anyone know of website that have designer perfume dupes? My mom gave me a sample of Chance Eau Fraiche by Chanel, and I am in love with it... not so in love with the $90 price tag. I COULD get it when the Sephora friends & family sale starts, but it would still be so expensive. I don't really know a lot about online perfume places, so if anyone knows where I might be able to find a dupe for this, please let me know! Also, do you add your blog friend's personal facebooks? I have seen many of yours on company's pages and stuff, and I'd love to add those of you who I consider myself friends with, but I don't know how people would feel about me knowing their real names and where they live or whatever. I only have a couple of my blog friends added. If you find my Facebook, you can add me :)

10 comments:

  1. I love the silver on the inner corners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read about the wear test between pixie epoxy and shadow fix.
    Chanel dupes are really hard to find. You may want to check Fragrance.net for a better price on the original, although they're out of that one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice look! I'd love to see a comparison between the Shadow Fix and the Pixie Epoxy, too :) I've been curious for awhile.
    As for the Facebook thing, I have a couple of people there from blogs, and I don't mind at all adding them because it gives me a chance to really get to know other people from different places :) I don't post too much details about my life anyways on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look!

    I've bought fragrance dupes off of Opulent Alchemy on Etsy before and I was happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Chance Eau Fraiche... I have the teeeeniest bit left in the bottle because I cannot bear to throw it away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little pop of pink - Parental Advisory? :D

    I have no problems with people adding me on my fb, I use a nickname anyway haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear silver purple pinky goodness, how I love you! Your eyes are pretty mesmerizing in that second closeup shot. /stalker-voice

    I'd love to see a comparison between Pixie Epoxy and High Impact Shadow Fix! (And I finally got Concrete Mineral's primer, thanks to you, and I think it's my new favorite.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't bother me to be "friends" with followers/bloggers. =) Obviously, since I sent you a FB friend request! I was trying to make a page for my blog, so I figured out how to do a business page and then deleted the other account! *lol* I'm still tryin to figure out how to set it all up--not as easy as a regular account.

    Anyway...I know what you mean about trying to do different placements...I feel like I do very little variation!!!

    I think it looks really pretty! I also love the pop of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this, interesting color combination.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Phyrra: Thanks!

    @Lucy: I'm going to do it very soon, possible tomorrow. :) I am indeed having no luck finding a dupe... *sigh*

    @MissTat: It shall be done!

    @Painted Moogle: I perused their selection. The have the original Chance, but not the Eau Fraiche version! Arg! They have other ones I might have to give a try though, so thanks for the rec!

    @Robyn: I have now stopped wearing my little sample because I don't want it to run out. I just sit here and sniff it. :P

    @SilhouetteScreams: You know, I'm not actually sure if it was Parental Advisory. It might have been Live Large. I thiiiink I'm right though.

    @kathyeffingjacobs: Ha, I look stoned in that picture. I LOVE THE CM PRIMER! I will never use anything else again.

    @Nicole: Oh jeez, learning how to do fb on a regular account is hard enough! I REFUSED to make one for the longest time because I thought it looked so complicated... they need to stop changing it so much.

    @Marie: thank you :)

    ReplyDelete