Monday, March 28, 2011

Silk Naturals- With A Cherry On Top!

This weird thing happens to me where I start to work on a paper but realize that it's absolutely vital I do a blog post instead. I can't control it, so I'll just have to go ahead and post some swatches! Karen from Silk Naturals generously sent me 8 of the 14 colors from her new spring collection. She also sent me some awesome stuff from the permanent line, which I'll be reviewing in the next few days. The Collection is called 'With a Cherry On Top', here's the cute promo image:
Just an FYI, some of the colors look a little uneven or patchy, but this is NOT a reflection of their quality- it's because I used some q-tips to swatch. Everything is swatched over Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer. Top 2: Juiced, Cloudberry Bottom 2: Daiquiri, Sweet Tea I really like Juiced, it makes a great highlight color if you apply it sheerly. I love Cloudberry as a neutral lid shade (I've been on a neutral kick lately), I think the second picture is the most color accurate version of it. Top 2: Tingle, Neuron Bottom 2: Pink Lemonade, Watermelon Isn't Watermelon AWESOME? It's a very pink-based red, I can't wait to use it in a look. This isn't my official review yet, but I do think the colors are pretty and VERY reasonably priced ($4 for 3/4 tsp in a 5g jar). I think all the rest of the colors in the spring line look absolutely gorgeous as well, Makeup Zombie and Phyrra both have swatches up with some of the other colors. Phyrra is also having a giveaway of some of the spring colors! You can purchase the Silk Naturals 'With a Cherry On Top' eyeshadows here. Disclaimer: I was sent the products in this post free to review.

9 comments:

  1. Watermelon looks gorgeous! :) and I've been an sn fan for a while so I know you'll enjoy these shadows :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, watermelon *does* look pretty rad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty colours! I've been drooling over these since Phyrra posted some swatches, but alas, the current 'no buy' stop my fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swatches! These colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juiced, Cloudberry, Daiquiri, Sweet Tea comprise a beautiful quad. Tingle & Neuron and Pink Lemonade & Watermelon are likewise wonderful duos. The neutrals and the pinks would also enhance the cheeks and lips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't order Watermelon & I'm really kicking myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg i want watermelon naooo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow these are so gorgeous! I want Watermelon, Sweet Tea, Cloudberry, and Neuron. I would love to see you use some of these new colours that you got in a look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, these are pretty! And I thought I was already following your blog.... what is wrong with me!

    ReplyDelete