Tuesday, March 8, 2011

FOTD w/ Darling Girl & Shiro

I seriously can't WAIT for Susan to re-open Darling Girl next month... maybe by then I'll have some money and be able to buy "a few" things. A few things about this EOTD... the lid color/highlight is "Whisper", which I am OBSESSED with. It is a perfect neutral eye color, very light, but it shows up more brown in these pictures than I think it looks IRL. I use it sometimes all the way from my eyelids to my browbone. I need a full size! The crease color is Scarecrow, but it turned out basically just black as I did the makeup, which is odd as it's actually really beautiful and complex and not black at all... It either got too muddy from being put on top of Whisper, or my brush was too dirty. Weird. I foiled Witch's Brew and used it as a liner (the pretty sparklies only show up ok in one picture). My liner on my waterline had already worn off by the time I took the pictures ^_^; So, the eyes didn't go quite as planned, but I still liked it. It was a different look for me. On my lips is Leeroy Jenkins from Shiro, and as you can see it's basically the best thing ever. I've started curling my lashes with a little cheap-o curler from an eyebrow kit my mom sent me. It makes a BIG difference in how my lashes look after I apply mascara. They stay really separated and don't get clumpy. I really liked this FOTD, I never do neutral eyes or colorful lips so it was a step outside of my comfort zone, which seems to be happening quite a bit lately. I am hoping to get caught up on blogs tomorrow!

20 comments:

  1. Very pretty FOTD I love that lip color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look! I haven't pulled my Darling Girl out recently! I need to. I love Susan's colors! I can't wait for her to open either! And eyelash curling is a must. I just have a cheapie curler too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so pretty! I love the leeroy jenkins color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you look GORGEOUS. Neutrals work very well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leeory Jenkins looks just excellent on you! I love this neutral look because it is rather cool toned. I find that many people go for warm neutrals but I am highly biased toward cool tones for some reason! Which blush are you wearing? It looks really nice and glow-y!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that lip color IS the best thing ever. I totally need it! Beautiful eyeshadows, too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that look, so pretty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty neutral look . Looks nice on you !
    Few more weeks and DG will re-open ... jahoe ... i need to grab my pretty DG colors again , i like scarecrow so much .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, you look so pwetty! I'm excited to get Leeroy Jenkins now! I can't wait for DG to open again either and I really hope I have some money when it does because I need more blushes man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That actually is a fab color. I think you definately *need* a full size jar :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely like the neutral eyes on you! That lip balm is pretty smashing too... next you'll be wearing Mac Up the Amp =P (whistles innocently)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. I'll be glad when she opens too. I placed my first order before she closed. I love it and am waiting to order again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I likes. This is a pretty look on youu <3 Your lashes look gorgeous :]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! You look sooo good in a bold lipcolour. Told you so... Although it's not quite RED yet :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this look really suited you! I don't do neutrals all that often either... and I never pair them with bright lips because I don't even wear lipstick! (I always feel clownish!) hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this!!! So pretty! It's nice to see you with a more natural look! But I still love your dramatic looks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woooow! This looks absolutely amazing on you! The silvery neutral eye goes so well with that great bright lip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much everyone :)

    @Vulcan Butterfly: It is MAC's Mighty Aphrodite from the WW collection. I didn't like it too much at first but I think it's my favorite blush now.

    @Cydonian: I LOL'd. So did my boyfriend and I was like STOP LAUGHING IT'S A MAKEUP JOKE THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND

    @RaeRae: ... :D

    @Sophie: I didn't wear lipstick for a long time either, even now I don't have many and they're mostly sheer natural shades.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like all the shades together - the whole look is soft and pretty.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the eyes here! Scarecrow doesn't look very black to me, just more shimmery gray? And the blending is so good, it just kind of melds together to my eyes, like, just subtly shifting color. And OMFG, NEED LEEROY JENKINS.

    ReplyDelete