Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fusion of Color review

I'm sorry I'm behind with answering comments and reading everyone's blogs. We have some really difficult things going on in my family right now, and I've been working a lot, so it's just hard to find the time. The products reviewed were sent to me at no cost by Fusion of Color Cosmetics. So ya know ;] The website is pretty clean and professional looking. Sometimes it can be somewhat confusing, as there are categories within categories, and some links don't actually have any products in them. Everything has a star rating under it, and most things have about 3 stars, although I didn't see any actual written reviews of anything. The package was sent out very quickly. I got an email on the 7th saying it was shipped, and I got it on the 9th. It came nicely bubble wrapped up, with a business card, and my 6 eyeshadow samples in a bag. They were all in shrink wrapped jars, which I love. I always get nervous the jars will come open, so the shrink wrap was a nice touch. All the jars are very pretty, I love the little design on them! The back of the jars are great too, because they contain not just the shade name, but a complete ingredients list. Honestly I couldn't care less about ingredients (I know, I know), but I realize that's something a lot of people really want on their products. They also have the website address and the brick and mortar address on the label. I was sent 6 eyeshadow samples. Here are swatches. From left to right: Berry Exclusive, Sand, Berries Galore, Brocade, Lemon Drop, Blue Skies There aren't really the screaming bright colors I typically buy available, but I really love the ones I got. I wish you could see how unique Brocade is, it has a black-brown-olive base with green shimmer. It's so gorgeous and unique, I don't have anything like it at all. I like all the colors a lot, none are similar to anything I already own- I don't believe anything is repackaged. Pricing is fairly competitive, with half size shadows costing only $4.50, full sizes costing $8, and blush is $7. You can choose whether or not you want the sifter in your eyeshadow, which is nice. You can also buy the shadows in a half size, or a sample size for $1.50. So, my only real concern here is with the website, as it's kind of weird at some spots. As for the actual products, I love what I got, especially Brocade. I would order again. :)

6 comments:

  1. Argh I went on the website and the first thing I noticed was that they've spelt 'concealer' wrong XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the logo on the jar lids. Looks like a calla lily gone wild. Off to check the website! Thanks for another great review. I loved the previous nail one....before I started reading blogs I had 3 nail polishes. I now have 37 and seem to want more...woe is me. I haven't tried Konading yet, but its on my list to try and buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things get better for you and your family. :(

    I've actually never heard of this company. The colors are very nice looking, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to point out a slight error in your write up. The $4.50 eye shadow is for 1/2 a gram in a 3 gram jar so this is the half size price not the full size price. The full size is 1 gram in the 5 gram jar for $8.00.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for pointing out my mistake! I'm fixing it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look very pretty and opaque, i'd never heard of the company before. I'm like you, i couldn't care less about ingredients :P

    ReplyDelete