Sunday, December 26, 2010

NYX lipstick & lipgloss swatches

This is the longest I have ever gone without posting in my blog! I have been so busy lately, and I have really missed blogging and reading everyone else's blogs! I thought I'd do swatches of the NYX stuff I ordered from Cherry Culture when they were having their Black Friday sale, along with the few that I already had. It is a real PITA to try and decide what colors to order, since the Cherry Culture swatches are so incorrect and useless. While I was searching for swatches I found this blog. It's really great, and there are lots of swatches of different NYX products. Go follow! I have 3 of the Round Lipsticks in the colors Georgia (618), Watermelon (616), and Tea Rose (628). I think I used to have a couple others that I either threw away or gave to friends because the colors didn't work for me. Kitty likes lipstick :3 From left to right: Georgia, Watermelon, Tea Rose Georgia and Watermelon are frosty, and I feel like they're harder for me to pull off. I fell in love with Tea Rose though, it is almost an exact match to my natural lip color. I got one Diamond Sparkle lipgloss in Rose Sparkle (01). It is kind of metallic and I don't think I could ever wear it out without using a lip scrub first. All of the NYX Girls Round Lip Glosses I have are very pretty, but they have this artificial lemon smell that I don't like. It reminds me of pledge. From left to right is Strawberry (11), Sparkle (05), Kiss (20), and Ballerina Pink (36). I hope these swatches were helpful, and I'm looking forward to blogging regularly again :) How were your holidays? What did you give/get for Christmas? I got a dolphin Pillow Pet, some Bruce Willis movies (love him), 2 Wiimotes for our old broken Wii I'm taking with me to Texas (the disk reader doesn't work, but my brother just downloads games and puts them on a hard drive ;P) Hello Kitty oven mitts, and these Nikes that I asked for. I even got a cute scarf from my manager, so it was a really nice Christmas! Did anyone get any cool makeup? Are you hauling from the new MAC collections? I haven't been here in a while, I must catch up on everything!!

20 comments:

  1. Woo! Keep an eye out - I'm doing a massive NYX swatch update when my daughter gets back from her holidays and can loan me her arms for swatching. :-)

    I don't have Georgia or Watermelon, but they both look really pretty. Frosts can be a pain to work with, though.

    Have you tried the Mega Shine lip glosses? They are pretty much my favourite of all lip glosses, not that I wear gloss all that often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish the NYX lipglosses didn't have such a bad smell; they're so nice and cheap otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tea Rose! It's a little pink for my lips, but I think it's such a gorgeous color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea Rose lipstick looks really neat! I definitley have to check it out next time I am at my local beauty supply store that carries NYX products. And I aggree with you about the smell of the Round lipglosses. I remember I purchased on a few years ago and I never purchased any of those again! They truly do have a sickening dishwash-like smell to them. But I like the other NYX glosses. The smell on those don't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glosses and i like the kitty too ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches! Love those shoes you picked out. I got a MAC gift card upon request from the hubby, so I hauled Christmas night! I couldn't wait for Cham-pale, and there wasn't much I wanted from that collex anyway, so I just got a bunch of permanent line eyeshadows and a blush. :)

    Hope you had a good holiday! Missed ya around here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww I like the first pic, so cute :D
    Your swatches are great! I must say I'm not a fan of the round lipglosses either. The smell is such a turn off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great swatches! Tea Rose looks like an awesome color! The lip glosses look great too! That sucks they smell funky :( Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm...now I'll have to go home and smell my NYX glosses! I love the ones with the black caps with bows--those smell like cherry--kinda juvinile,but I like it!

    Sounds like you had a nice Christmas! If where you are going to live has wifi--def get Netflicks so you can watch movies and tv shows! That's what we use our Wii for mostly!! Awesome!!

    I got some cool things for Christmas, but I won't tell you here! I'm gonna do a post/video! =D

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tea Rose is pretty, but I like Georgia a little better. It looks like that's the frost-color version of Tea Rose...?

    And the kitty is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want I want I want!! I cant get NYX stuff in the UK and ordering online can be a bit of a nightmare if you havent been able to call into a shop to swatch the goodies first :(

    Love the Sparkle and Kiss glosses and the Tea Rose lipstick looks awesome. Though not quite as awesome as your cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kitty reminds me of mine which I had a couple of years ago.
    Lovely pick of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh I have Tea Rose and LOVE it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Dee: I haven't tried any of them, but if they're that good I'll get a few next time I place a Cherry Culture order!

    @Alina: Oh my gosh, that is EXACTLY what they smell like! Dishwashing detergent.

    @Nicole: I do Netflix on my Wii too, I am going to switch to their new package that just has the streaming because I use that so much more than the DVD's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Watermelon lipstick looks great and oh, whats that little kitty doing right there? lol,
    I guess she also want to wear lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Argh these are all so pretty, I want all of them now D: Also, OMG KITTEH ^_____________^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christmas has been pretty awesome! I enjoyed those swatches a lot!! I hope to be more active on blogspot as well too :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the swatches! And thanks even more for describing that gnarly gloss scent - it had been driving me nuts, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Totally "artificial lemon." Now I can wear those glosses without constantly thinking, "....God, what IS it?!" :)

    ReplyDelete