Monday, December 6, 2010

Latest Darling Girl order

As promised, here's swatches of what I ordered recently from Darling Girl Cosmetics. Eyeshadows: Scarecrow, Groovology, Felicity, & aqua liner in Designated Driver Scarecrow is even prettier in person than in all the swatches I've seen! It is such a complex and unique color, this one is a MUST HAVE. I also love Groovology, it's my favorite shade of purple. Felicity was a free sample and isn't listed as far as I can tell. It's a beautiful silver, and turns a little bit pink in the right light. Designated Driver has some holo glitter that didn't really show up in the swatches, so here's a close up where you can kiiiinda see it. The container it comes in is teeny! It's only $3, so I think the price is fair, I just think I'll end up losing this every time I get it out. Here's a comparison picture. I got a sample of the new cream liner in the shade El Diablo. It's a neat reddish brown. It felt kind of stiff to the touch, but when I used an angled eyeliner brush to try and swatch it, it was actually just fine. Here is what I was most excited about, the cream blush samples! I got Barbie Girl, Mad About Mauve, and Glow Baby Glow. The top swatch is applied heavily, the bottom is sheered out a bit. Here's a better image of Glow Baby Glow. It's applied heavily on the lift, sheered out on the right. What an awesome highlight! I seriously love it. I love Barbie Girl too, and I'd like to try out Impetuous. I also got a mini sized liquid kiss gloss in the shade First Kiss. I got samples of the salmon and lemon correctors too, but I couldn't get my camera to capture them accurately, so I don't have pictures. Sadly, like every concealer I try for my dark circles, they don't work for me. I need to stop complaining about Benefit's Erase Paste so much since it is literally the only thing I've ever tried that doesn't end up making me look cakey, jaundiced, or like I didn't even use concealer at all. For normal people without horrendously bad circles and extremely weird, bumpy, and sensitive under eye skin, these might work for you, but they don't cut it for me. See anything you like? I'm lemming all the new tinted lip balms from the Naughty and Nice collection.

7 comments:

  1. I love the scarecrow colour. I like that it has a little bit of gold glitter in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarecow is gorgeous. o___o I've never heard of Darling Girl, until now...I'll definitely have to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swatches! Love the colors! Aren't the cream blushes awesome!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post..and of course your blog too...very nice. I'm happy to find such a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to buy a biggie of scarecrow. I wore it with Fyrinnae Polar Bear the other day... omg, it is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbie Girl is prettayyyyyyy, as is Scarecrow! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the colors, especially Scarecrow and Barbie Girl. I'll be looking out for when you use Designated Driver in some looks; it'll be interesting to see how the color translates as a liner.

    ReplyDelete