Thursday, June 10, 2010

Glamour Doll Review

I finally decided to go ahead and order from Glamour Doll, since I wanted to try a new company. I had never been too interested in ordering, as many of their colors are just micas with a base (these are clearly marked as such, so I have no problem with that obviously). I placed a small order of 6 eyeshadow samples and 1 mini sized lip gloss. I couldn't tell you exactly how long it took me to receive my products, but somewhere around a week and a half, so pretty standard. I did think it was odd that the gloss is shipped separately from the shadows. It arrived the day after I got my shadow samples. Samples were $1.50, and the gloss was $4. I got 2 free eyeshadow samples with my order. All the shadows I got were original GD formulas. From left to right: Hello Brooklyn, Ahoy Sailor!, Island Chic, Oddity, Phyrra, Dear Mom, Love Affair, Brown Eyed Girl Hello Brooklyn is swatched over Pixie Epoxy on the bottom half, because it's a high glitter color. Sadly, the pictures didn't show all the pretty blue glitter that's apparent when over PE.I'm feeling pretty "meh" about the first four colors. Ahoy Sailor! is a lovely matte, but it applies pretty patchy. That being said, I LOVE Phyrra (it has a gorgeous blue iridescence that doesn't show up much in the photos), Dear Mom, and Love Affair. Vee sure knows how to make pinks! The gloss I got was Posh Life- it does indeed smell like the description says, sugared strawberries. It's very sheer, I can't see any of the color at all when I wear it. I think the price was too much, since a Fyrinnae mini lip lustre is the same size, but is only $2.50 and far superior IMO. My Glamour Doll order was ok, but nothing to get too excited about. If I order again, I'll skip the glosses and just try some more shadows. What do you think about Glamour Doll?

12 comments:

  1. I love Glamour Doll. Most of my latest looks are created by these shadows. First, because I really like them, and second, because I don't have any
    other as pigmented and colorful shadows.

    The glosses are made by a different person (by Mel, shadows by Vee) and that's why they're sent separately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Glamour doll too :) Dear mom is a really pretty color, I hope Vee creates more colors, because those are lovely.

    I love the lippies too but I like very natural colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read such mixed reviews about this company that I don't know whether I'd like to try them or not. I love that they actually have and eyeshadow named after Phyrra, though :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't ordered from them yet, the unmixed shades kinda throw me off even if there are original ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like GDE. What's impressed me is that I've seen Vee's shadows improve since she opened. She's getting more skilled with her formulations.
    I really like Phyrra and Oddity, Glam Girl and Strawberry Cupcake, Island Chic, My Belle, and Disco White.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm meh on the company, I don't know how I feel about all the sponsorships/Glamour Girls thing. I know a lot of other companies do the same but for some reason I'm turned off by how they do it.

    I do like how upfront they are about their repackaged products though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a few colors that I have already in my collection- or similar enough that I probably won't order from GDE. I have heard tons of good things though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your review. I just haven't been excited about GDE and don't think I'm going to order from them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwh I love GDE :( I got a ridiculous amount of samples the other day, and I love them all tbh. Now I'm just waiting for my glosses to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess GDE is a hit or miss. I thought about getting glosses, but I'm glad I didn't. Those pinks are definitely pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice swatches! I've never tried this company though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried this company yet. I thought about it a few times, though. Dear Mom looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete